live your life and smile

Monday, November 12, 2007

Weapon!

So for the last month, I've been trying myself to the world of weapon...Since I didn't want to try the bo, the bamboo stick about the same height as yourself, I bought a wooden sword...I didn't want to have a real one, because I would probably have great cut all over my body with a real one, a metal one!!
So I've pratice it about 2 out of 3 pratices...I find it very hard...First of all, it makes other muscles than the usual. It is 40 inch long, and even if it is oak, it still have a certain weight more to manage... If learning the moves, which I don't really have someone to give me the basic, because we don't have someone who master the sword at any of the class that I go, wasn't hard already!!
Then, trying to find out point that would hit major artery or veins in a fluant movement is hard...Then, one of the sensei said to me to not forget to put strengh in each move that I make with the sword!! It is driving me crazy!! I'm so slow at it and I'm so much self concious about it!
It is frustrating!! If only I would get alot of help from someone... I'll tried to get better, but praticing is frustrating!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take up the use of an hand gun. The necessity to hit a major artery or vein is superfluous!

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope my name is not offensive?
Otherwise delete me. I will understand.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Scorpios, i still want to be able to pratice without injuring somebody!! And that will happen if I use a handgun!! And I don't find it as romantic as the weapon we have in karate!!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

romantic.

It's true that kobudo has a romantic feel to it.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I adore the way it looks and move, Mat! And when all that frustration will be gone, and I will have like more than 4 moves I can do with it, I might find the romantic of it when I do it!!
But i sure like how it look when the other one does it!! Love the sound of the sword does when cutting the air!!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home