live your life and smile

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen # 57


Thirteen Things about Jill
13 places where I'll go if I could during the March Break


1.Florida...the child in me always wants to go visit Disney World. And the adult in me need the sun

2. Cancun, Mexico...The sun, the beach and the hot weather, what one could ask more for a distraction of the winter we had this year?

3.Québec...Visit my relatives up in that province, including one of my goddaughter

4. Halifax...My niece did had to go back to IWK due to a fluid built-up on her lungs, due to the wrong peniciline for someone with her disease. One of my friend just had a baby. And there is another living there, I didn't saw either of them in 2 years! And I could meet Julia at the same time!

5.California, probably LA...Shopping, Sun and beach, sounds good... And I would want a big spending budget to go with that!

6.New Orleans...There is something about that town that had always attract me since I've learn about it.

7.Paris...I would probably gain like 5 pounds during a trip to Paris trying all the bread and bakery specialty from this town. But maybe it wouldn't be enough of one week, because they say it almost takes one week just to visit all of Louvre exposition.

8. Rome...The architecture of this city has been the background of so much history classes, for somebody with an history interest, it would be like having history brought back to life!

9.London...Just to hear the british accent would be great. More seriously, I would visit Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, that big Ferris well, and probably the London tower(isn't it suppose to be haunted?)

10. Australia...I always wanted to visit the Great Reef barier, the Sidney Opera and this would be a good place to learn to surf...

11.Hawaii...Just talking about place to surf, this would be another place it would be good to learn how to surf. And since we don't have anything close to a volcano here in the East of Canada, I would probably go visit the one on the Islands...

12.Tokyo... This one would probably make me mad after like 3 days because of all the people and traffic, but I would still want to visit it!

13. Egypt...With someone one with an archeologic interest like me, visiting all those search sites, event with that vivid heat would be all worth it!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Nissa said...

I heart New Orleans & Hawaii (definitely go to the big island- it has it all- the active Volcanoes, a rainforest landscape, mountain snow, great beaches & coffee plantations. I love that place SO much!)
Always wanted to visit Japan & France & England, but not necessarily the big cities.
Happy T13!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Several on your list are places I would love to visit as well. Paris in the spring...that would be AWESOME!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Chelle Y. said...

That would be some Spring Break!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Oooooh... I'm so green with envy! Hehehe!

10:40 AM  
Blogger pussreboots said...

Santa Barbara is prettier than Los Angeles and the shopping is just as nice. Happy TT.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

This is one hell of an ambitious list, Jilly. Wow. I want to come and eat my way through Paris with you!

For our break this year, we are thinking of two days in a nearby state forest. Woo hoo compared to your list, huh?

2:31 PM  
Blogger TorAa said...

Very interesting choices.

I've been to #1, 2, 5, 7, 8 and 9.

What I would probably add:
Cities: Buenos Aires
Arch. Sites: Ankor Vat
Exceptional places: Taj Mahal
Landscape: The Fiords of Norway
Relaxing: Paraty (Brazil)

OK. that's it for now

2:31 PM  
Blogger R.E.H. said...

Florida... the teen in you wants to go to all those spring break beach parties!

I've been there - been to Paris and London as well - but the rest of those places I'd want to go to as well.

I love travelling!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

Yeah - come see me!!! Maybe we can swing this somehow this year, Jill...

6:30 PM  
Blogger Iron Pugilist said...

Drop by Sydney and I'll be your tour guide.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

Me again - tag! You're it!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Nissa, i will keep in mind those places for if I ever go to Hawaii. Thank for the advice!

Cindy, France is always a country that has facinate me, I don't know if it's only a root thing...

Chelle, it would take several one!

Tempest, it's only in my mind...

Puss, I could visit both while in California. Sounds good to you?

Susan, so you want to go shopping with me, and go eat your heart out in Paris? This is going to be a multi-spot thing!
At least you are going somewhere for Spring break! My little trip got cancel because of bad weather!

Toraa, I want, no doubt, to go visit Taj Mahal! It seems so majestuous! But i was thinking more about cities on this one!

REH, I adore travelling too, but my budget never permit me much of it! And not found , yet, the best travel buddy for me!

Julia, I would have gone this week, if I didn't have that damn dentist appointment!My niece is saying everytime we call, come!
And I would found time to meet you!Maybe summer! I never had a chance to visit the Citadel or the waterfront!

IP, i have my personnal tour guide? But you might have to be my lifeguard too! Even if I adore the sea, I'm not that good of a swimmer! You might have to give me mout-to-mouth!

Julia, :P!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to visit most on your list.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Iron Pugilist said...

Why not?

3:23 AM  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

I live in Florida. Let me tell ya, the adult in me loves going to Disney but hates taking the kids there. They slow me down...
Best ride, though, is in Animal Kingdome. Kilimanjaro rules!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home