live your life and smile

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Give

SO yesterday, I went to rent a movie and I saw at the store than there was a blood bank where you could make blood donation from 5 to 8 the same day just around my place. It was 6. I've always wanted to give blood, but there is not much place that takes some around here and they are not done frequently! So everything went well, I could give my blood, but when I was about to get off the bed, I felt dizzy. They say it happen often, for first time giver, due to the stress of the unknown. And they ask me if I ate well that day(yesterday), and I didn't had supper(even if I had breakfast and dinner), that probably didn't help the dizzyness.
I'm gonna try it once more. Since the team there is great, I know what I have to do the next time I would give some back: drink a lot of fluid, have big meals before the donation, and try to eat an hour before the actual donation.
I will see what happen next time I give, because it is something that I find important and that not a whole lot of people do, and that most of us will actually need blood someday. Hope everything goes alright next time I will give some.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beats getting attacked by a vampire!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

If the vampire is sexy, I wouldn't mind! But I'm not sure about the immortality thing!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a good idea, to give blood.

Pity about the dizziness.

Eating and drinking will make a difference I am sure.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

It was 30C outside, and I haven't ate since 3, and it was 7.
I know the next time they are coming in our region, so I'll be eating well two days before and will be eating some red meat those day!
I will try it again.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i vant to thuck ur blood........

ok that was a terrible imitation!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Sage, don't you get paid in the States for giving blood?
And it was an imatation of who?

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home