live your life and smile

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 7




Thirteen Things about Jill


13 place that I hurt during karate(nothing seriously!)

13 endroits ou je me suis fait mal durant le karaté(rien de sérieux!)
1. My left elbow, must have punch too far, might / Mon coude gauche, je pense avoir frappé trop loin
2. My right leg, several bruises /Ma jambe droite, plusieur echymoses
3.One of my hand, trying to punch and block at the same time is not a good idea /Une de mes mains, essayer de frapper et bloquer en même temps n'est pas une bonne idée
4.My boobs, when somebody kick you on it(and he was like 6 feet) it does hurt!! /Mes seins, lorsque quelqu'un m'a donné un coup de pied dessus(et la personne mesurait comme 6 pied), ça fait mal
5.Rib cage, a higher belt hit me there to make me realise that I was not protecting it enough!! /Ma cage thoracique, une ceinture plus élevée m'y a frappé pour me faire réaliser que je ne la protegeais pas suffisament!!
6. My knees, it's not a suprise, since I been having bad knees since high school /Mes genoux, pas de surprise là, j'ai des mauvais genoux depuis mon secondaire
7. The muscle on the back of my leg, going from my butt to my knee /Le muscle à l'arrière de ma jambe, qui va de mes fesses à mon genou
8. My abdominal muscles, when you do 20 sit up, 20 criscross and other kind of abdominal moves, when you are not use to doing some, it hurts(happen the first time I've try karate) /Mes muscles abdominaux, lorsque tu fais 20 redressements assis, 20 criss cross(touche le coude droit sur le genou gauche) et d'autres mouvements qui fait fonctionner tes abdominaux, c'est ankyloser le lendemain(la première fois que j'ai essayé le karaté)
9.My hips, some move is just not feeling right!! /Mes hanches, certains mouvements se font ressentir
10. My foot, been feeling a little bit weird since the chair accident /Mon pied droit, il continue à se comporter étrangement depuis l'accident de la chaise
11. My muscles against my rib cage, builting up has its bad side /Les muscles le long de ma cage thoracique, avoir une plus grande musculation a des mauvais côtés
12.Broke a nail!! I have to do my girl a little bit!! /Briser un/des ongle/s, je dois faire un peu ma fille!!
13. Arms, bruise again, I had to finish the list!! /Mes bras, échymoses, je devais bien finir la liste


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1.Miranda 2. Janie Hickok Siess, Esq. 3. Rashenbo 4. scribbit

5.JohnH985 6.baggage 7. Lisa 8.spyscribbler

9.Haley-O

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Labels: ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

owww...I feel your pain.

hope you have a better TT!!

7:47 PM  
Blogger JHS said...

Have you considered swimming? :-)

Drop by when you have a chance!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Rashenbo said...

Ouch! Does not sound like fun! I hope tomorrow isn't too rough on you!

Have a great week.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

And you're learning this for self-defense, right? So you won't get hurt by something? That's irony for you :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger John Holland said...

I'm sore from just reading your post.

My 13 are up.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

You guys make me laught this morning!!!

Miranda, I'm not in pain right now, I'm well, just trying to wake myself up!!

Janie, I love water, but I'm not a good swimmer... I'm out of breath after a lengt...

Rashenbo, it is fun. Today pratice should be ok, I'm pretty sure I,m gonna be with women(I found them too soft...)

Scribbit, for now, I only know little too selfdefense move. I'm doing it because I like it and to get in shape.

John, I guess you did work out to much while trying to read... But sore usualy means that some muscles have work!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..and that is why I don't do karate! Hope your nail is ok!! :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

LOL!!! Baggage!! I think that you are a girly girl!! Worrying about my nail!!! And don't worry, it seems bad, but it's all worth it!!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Ow! That list makes me realize why I've never taken up karate. :-)

Happy TT, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karate! I love the martial arts. I'm trying to practice taekwondo, but I've had an oww that's been lasting for quite some time! Good luck!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Lisa, a lot of that happen because I'm kind of rough for a girl!!

Spy, a what? but whatever it is, hope it will heal soon!!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Blog said...

Wow, Jill! that's insane!!! Now I know why your such a biatch in your comments! ;) KIDDING! You DA BEST!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Would you like me if I was not one, Haley?? Look at my entry today, and that would be a reason to really be one, but I'm gonna still smile to the world

4:47 AM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

Karate has often been compared to masochism.

go figure...

Cheers!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

We might be all a little masochism , Mat. But a part of that pain, you know it, is all worth it, because you are learning and your body is getting more in shape.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with anyone that does martial arts. I would like to but I think I'm too old now lol. Thanks for visiting my TT.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

ancsweetnsassygal, you are not too old!! You are like what, in your 50's? There is a 69 years old man that past his black belt last May! There is another man in his 60 that start last year... Never too old!!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

#7 is called the hamstring in English.

I like your French! But I have no idea how to say #7 in French. (Le sept?)

Thank you for stopping by She Lives and for your nice comment. (Merci pour votre bon comment?)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Carol, I should know the name of that muscle, I'm just too lazy. We would say le septième, cuz le nombre sept, just sound lame..

I really like it when you anglophone try to write in french!! Cotinue trying, I do appreciate it!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I took Tae Kwon do, it hurts some days! Keep at it.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I took Tae Kwon do, it hurts some days! Keep at it.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Julie Doe said...

I feel your pain. *grin* I teach tae kwon do. The day after my black belt test (six hour test!), I was so sore that I could barely move. I had bruises covering both forearms from sparring, and all I wanted to do was stand in a nice hot soothing shower all day.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

Poor you!
Take care!

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog!Welcome back any time.


I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

6:33 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Marcia, I know... some days will just go fine, without even a bruise, but other days, everything goes wrong, pain moves...

Julie, six hours?? That pure torture!! I'm really gonna stick to karate!!Less espensive and less painfull!! I understand the bath after six hours of intensive work out!!

Sunflower, I'm always taking of me!! I've got an understanding of how my body works at a young age!!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home