live your life and smile

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Just because... / PArce que...

So on Sunday, I was checking my e-mail and the comments on my blog, when I saw one that got me mad, here it is :
You should really stop writing in english on this blog because you make too many mistakes. Jeez, why are you guys using this language when it is not necessary ? This is obviously a french blog and as far as I can see, you're french, so stop doing it, you're ot good.
It is my bussiness if I want to write in english, even if my first language is french.
But here is some points why I do it:
-The last time I check, Canada was a free country
-Since Canada is a free country, I can make all the damn writting errors that I want
-Since I can speak both language(french and english) I want to show that I'm proud of being bilingual!
-With two languages on my site, I can reach more persons
-Half of my readers, maybe more, are english speaking person
-Doing my blog in english is one of the only thing that keep me praticing my english, exepctely the writting part of it(the only place I speak english is when doing karate)
-Writting in my second language doesn't stop me of being a damn proud Acadian, and wanting my students, my family and my future children to speak in french, and being proud to speak that language that our ancestor fought so bad for!!
And by the way, dear commenter, if you are so proud of being french, because you said you were, why didn't you wrote all of your comment in french?? And you did a mistake too!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blog said...

BE PROUD OF YOUR BILINGUALISM!! I love that you have both English and French here. I think it's fabulous, and I like reading the French and seeing how much I understand! Don't change what you're doing! :) xo

4:18 PM  
Blogger Valtool said...

I support you too, but for my own selfish reason - that I don't know any French. I took German in high school and it has had no real benefit as the Mexican invasion of the USA has continued. I should have taken Spanish.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home