live your life and smile

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 32


Thirteen Things about Jill

13 recipes I like to do!!

1.Gluten-free Chicken Finger...Just try this one for the first time this week!! An very good healty alternative to this must...with 50 cal per finger...Treat yourself!!

2. Orange cookies...This is like the best homemade cookie ever!! From all the cookies we do at home, this one is a piece of heaven!!(My older niece saying, she is sitting on me, "moi, j'aime les biscuits à l'orange"!!)

3.Pâté au poulet parmentier... I think that is the name. It's a fancy sheppard pie. the potatoes are mix with some cream cheese. the bottom part is a mix of carrot, peas and chicken with some spice, including nutmeg(I don't heve the recipes with me!! )

4.Date square...Only the one that my mom make is worth to be call delicious!! My mom makes the best I ever taste in my life!Full of dates and the right amount of salt!!

5. Meat pie... The one that we make my older sister, mom and me. The meat is just the right tickness and the crust the right taste!!

6. Cream of mushroom Rice casserole... This is the only recipe I use that my grandma made... It is pretty easy: Cook some vegetables(I usely use carrots wit peas, broccoli and corn, with sometime some bean sprout), if you have left over chicken or other meat, you can mix it up with the vegetables. Cook some minutes rice. Put it on top of the vegetables in a casserole dish. Put some cream of mushroom over the rice, make sure its even. Cook until the cream of mushroom is brownish. I think that is the only healty dish I ever saw my paternel grandma do!!

7.Pouding chomeur...A sponge cake with a lot of brown sugar sauce! What does a girl with a sugar tooth could ask more??

8. Cheesecake...I prefer it with cherries sauce on top, but I tried a couple of version of this classic. I have to try that oreo version kind(I've try one with a mini-cheesecake with a oreo cookie on the bottom, but it's kind of hard to eat!!)

9. Cherries pie...Since I like all those cherries dessert

10. Chicken ball... Since I like a lot of Chinesse food, but this one is almost the only one we did at home.

11. Spagetthi sauce... It takes a lot of time to do it, but when done, it makes a great meal really easy and fast

12.Summer fruit popsicle... This one is a homemade real fruit popsicle that is way healtier than those only sugary water commercial brand. And the good part, you can use your favorite fruit with it!!( This one and #1 comes from the SparkRecipes.com site)

13.Glazed snow peas and carrots... This was the first recipe I've tried with snow peas and it was delicious...The best way to eat carrots!! And it was way more easier than I though!! Come from the site of #12.

And what is your favorite recipes that you can do??

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a yummy list..All of those sound good!

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot poutine!

Though I think it looks like vomit and smells worse.

"..(My older niece saying, she is sitting on me, "moi, j'aime les biscuits à l'orange"!!)..."

If you were sitting on me, I would say: "moi, j'aime le derriere à Jill"
How's my French?

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange Cookies... I gotta try that sometime! Happy TT!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Amy, long time no see!! Some I only have for special occasion!!

Rhet, it is not something I make a lot at home, if I want a good poutine, I'll go at a restaurant!!
And always taking your fantasy as a reality!!

Trina, you'll have to try them... they are a delight!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, I'm hungry now... evil, evil friend...

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well?
Was my French correct?

I thought I was saying:

"Me? I love jill's butt!!"

Was this what I said?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Susan, I like being evil!!! Espacially when it comes to food!! A great chocolate devil cake would be good right now!!

Rhet, you said it well, but the part about me sitting on your lap, it's more a fantasy, that you are taking as a reality!!(and seeing my butt)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you won't sit on my lap.
How about I sit on yours then?

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home