live your life and smile

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 48


Thirteen Things about Jill

13 exercice I did this week

1.Push-ups...Which I still hate after an year and half of karate

2. Wall push-up...I still need to do some arm strenghtening stuff, and this is better than normal push-up

3. Close arm wall push-up...Same as above

4. Lateral arm raise with dumbell...This makes me work out an arm muscle I do work out frenquently

5. Lying abbuction

6. Lying abduction... These last two, I always gt mix up. You are both lying on the floor, one you have one leg lying on the floor and the other is being raise up while straight, the other move, you have one leg fold so the foot is flat on the floor, while you raise the other one

7. Crunch... Another one that we need to do often in karate. But I actually liking this one, because it make me hold myself more straight after

8. Pendulum...Or modified pendulum... In the normal pendulum, you are lying flat on your back, you legs raise up and you touch your leg on one side while looking the other. The modified one you knees are bent and you touch your knees on the floor while looking the other way.

9.Squat... Hard on the leg, but so necessary to have strong legs, thigh especialy, for the stances in karate. You stand you leg a little larger than shoulder and you bent your knee while having your back straight

10.Leg raise... I never have time to do them all. But you are lying on your back, you start with having your leg up like for a candle(vertical) and then you bent your knee and push your legs so they are horizontal.

11. Calves raise with a chair...You stand with your arms on the back on a chair, with your feet flat on the floor and you then go on the tip of your feet

12. Cat strech...It start almost like a push-up, but in a inverse V shape, then your like round your back as you go down

13. Punch and kick...A very important part of karate...



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. My exercise amounted to walking up and down stairs. weight lifting a turkey out of the oven and walking fast through a mall....

4:42 PM  
Blogger L.P. said...

My exercise is trying on new shoes.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just reading your list makes me want to sit down and rest!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Aargh! I forgot! My trainer called today; we need to set up a session. I forgot until I thought about your list and went, "Hey, I did most of those, or I'll do them tomorrow... Aargh! I need to call her!"

Thanks for the reminder!

Work the body, work the brain... it's all the same...

5:30 PM  
Blogger Open Grove Claudia said...

Your arms must be sculpted and beautiful! Good for you!

Happy TT.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Shesawriter said...

I didn't do a damned thing. LOL! Now I feel guilty.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Ellen, at least you are taking the stair instead of the elevator!

LP, I'm so picky on shoes, this won't make me do much exercice!

Nicholas, it is not suppose to have that effect!!

Susan, the brain won't help you to keep your heart healty!!

Claudia, I'm starting to have muscle in my arms, but not kite sculted yet!

shesawriter, this is me, most of them, I have to do it for karate. You don't have to feel guilty.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Addicted to crafting said...

I'm very impressed!!! You are good!!!

Mine's up!!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger pussreboots said...

Wow. Happy exercising. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need motivation to get back to the Karate-do way! Great list!

7:46 PM  
Blogger SJ Reidhead said...

I'm exhausted from your list.

The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

9:25 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Congrats on exercising! :)

3:58 AM  
Blogger candyQ said...

the most exercise i've done is lifting my son, hehe! Happy TT! :o)

4:10 AM  
Blogger Head Gaggler said...

WOW! That really makes me think how incredible lazy I am. You go!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Today I'm doing laundry before work, does that count? Have a great day. :)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I wish I'd done all that...I need to get motivated again. Good job!

Come visit my Thursday Thirteen if you get a chance. :)

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, We're in the first post at the batcave.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

okay - now i'm tired from reading your workout. i've been so proud because i have to race up and down three flights of stairs a dozen times a day now. Then today my bad knee blew out, so it was more like hobble-lurch up three flights of stairs for the rest of the day.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home