live your life and smile

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday Thirteen # 58


Thirteen Things about Jill

13 reasons why I want to change this computer, or I'm searching in a new one!
This computer
1. It takes me like 10 minutes from when I,ve put the power on before I can do anything with it!

2. I'm having an hard time oppening internet windows after I've log-in!

3. It's a pain in the ass using Power Point and Word...So slow to load and than it is slow to have the window while I search for other stuff.

4.My cd-burner doesn't work anymore.

5. My dvd-rom and cd player only works one in a while

6. The computer will shut down, or restart, at least once a day!

7. Do you think I'm doing a good think of searching for a new one? Or is there something I can do to make this one work proprerly?

What I want in the new one(and help me to know what to look for everything that I want, because I'm just familiar with the software thing!) . And I think I'm gonna look at Dell for it. Are they any good?

8. I want a laptop

9. I need something that permit me to do a lot of stuff at the same time and have a lot of windows open.

10.I know I need a lot of hard drive, because I have a lot of big document with Power Point for work

11. I've been wondering if it is different to have a glossy screen or a mate one? The mate one should be one that don't reflect light...

12.Is the webcam on laptop any good? Are they worth it?

13. What about the bluetoot, the router, the wireless routier? What are they good for?

Thanks dor the help!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yeah, sounds like you're due for a new one.

As for your questions, I'd turn you over to the Tour Manager, but he'd go on for days about all this stuff. You ask why my fiction is so detailed? It's so I can escape!

2:11 PM  
Blogger R.E.H. said...

You definitely need a new computer from the sound of it!

Only get a laptop if you actually need to bring it places... a stationary is much better (it's only drawback the obvious... it's stationary).

Dual processing sounds like your thing... A Dell is probably good if you're looking for an easy solution - however, I would prefer building the thing myself at a cheap internet place. They usually offer these menu's from where you can set up the processor, the hard drive, graphics card, sound card and everything else to create the computer of your choice, that will suit your needs.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Amber Gilchrist said...

I desperately hate it when my computer doesn't work the way its supposed to. Drives me nuts. Good luck

2:29 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Time to get a Mac!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

If it's new, make sure that the hard drive is connected to the mother board using SATAII and not IDE (newer SATA much faster)

Lots of ram

And windows XP instead of vista

Good luck!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Good luck with the new computer. You might also want to get a couple flash drives (portable memory), if you're concerned about losing things should your hard drive crash (it happened to me once, and now I have 3 flash drives). Have a great weekend. :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'm no techie, so I have zero computer advice for you. Only sympathy for your computer woes...

6:36 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Susan, he will probably be talking to the wall after a while!
And we all have our escape

REH, I don't know a good place around here...And someone that will have a good warranty behind it!

AJ! thank...I feel many time like throwing it trhough the window!

DI, don't know if I can afford one!

Mike, it's hard to find someone that don't put Vista in the new computer!

Ann, that might be a good idea to transfert the stuff I have here too!!

Julia, that is what bug me too! I don't know much about hardware!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it time to defrag? Can you move files to an external hard five?
Good luck with getting a new computer. If you can't burn to disk as back up- your computer sounds like it's getting full! Good Luck!
PC's DO have a mind of their own!
~W~

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home