live your life and smile

Friday, February 02, 2007

Ouch!!

this blog is really a follow up of my thursday thirteen!! It's weird that it happen yesterday, just want I was talking about my injuries on tt(I have idea until for march!!)
So like some of you knoe, yesterday is a karate night for me! We were doing up and down(praticing our block, kick and punch with somebody else!) the first person was P., she is a little woman and I,m use to being with her , everything went fine! Then master senseï put me up with the 15/16 year old guy!And you know boys that are... Everything went fine when he was doing the hits. Then it ws my turn, almost done(when we arrive at the wall at the other side of the gym). I did something like a round house kick and the guy block me with his elbow!! The tip of his elbow, his bony elbow, hit me right in the gap of where the articulation is. It did hurt both of us!! I have kind of powerfull kick, that I just stop close to the other person body. I didn't plan to be stop that way either!!
So it hurt like hell on the moment, but I've still had to finish that round of up and down. Then I was with another woman, but I was very smooth because she is just starting. It was a little painfull, but nothing bad. Then change, got out of the school and sat in the car. Then it hit! Needle pain in my ankle... I was feeling it becoming slowly swellin my boot.
So when I arrive home, after my shower, I put ice on it, and kept it elevate on my exercice ball. (I've use your R.I.C.E, Mat!!) This morning, the swelling is almost all gone. It still hurts a little bit, but like last night!! I'll try to take easy for a couple hour, it's gonna be hard!!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Ouch! I hope it adjusts and you feel better soon.

Owchiees aren't fun unless you can stick a Scooby Do Doo-daid on 'em.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

It is way better than yesterday, but stil unconfortable to move!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Julie Doe said...

I once took an elbow to the top of my foot, just at the base of my toes. I know I said a few nasty words in the dojang (fortunately the instructor didn't hear me). It took 18 months for that darn injury to heal. Sounds like yours is doing well!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Julie, this is sure going well, but the real test would be on monday! but I have the legs of my computer chair fallen on my foot(on the same side, no suprise there) and I can still see where the hit took place after 2 month!!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

karate spirit !!!!
woooo yaahaaaa !!!!!!!!!
(applegallak)

1:40 PM  
Blogger John Vesia said...

Elbows hurt! I've must've kicked 10,000 elbows in my day. Feel better.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

As-tu vraiment tout compris applegallak?? Je parle d'une blessure dans cette entrée!!

John, I feel your pain!! I know why the say that the hit with your elbow is a good move...

9:25 AM  
Blogger Blog said...

OWWWW!! That's brutal! I hope the ice helped!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I don't usualy keep medication ad on my comments, but this one is funny!!

It's really better, Haley!! During tonight pratice is was only stiff, not really painfull at all!!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

ouch!!

rest it, elevate it.

be well....

injuries suck.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Rest it all weekend(it was hard not doing much...) How is yours??

8:25 PM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

OK, feeling like a wooden knee. pretty stiff, but it moves.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home