live your life and smile

Monday, April 28, 2008

Here goes my reputation

I know that it has been a while since I've talk about karate on here!There hasn't been much improvement on my behalf except one of my stance got way better.
I don't know if I told it to you before, but I'm almost the roughest women in my club. I have the reputation of having strong kicks and not backing up enough.
My sansei and me are always teasing each other...Picking on each other...So last Monday(or the Thursday before that) I said to him, in a joke: "Me and my friend against you". He said : "NO problem". He is really good, even if we are two, we actually cannot get him . He gave me a couple of harsh blocks, but the other woman is not as rough as me, so he said to himself, "I'm gonna go more soft on them". So I was actually able to get into his defense, which I found weird.I was able to get him two or three times.
Before I continue, I have to say to you one thing, since I know that it is so hard to get into his defense, I don't really control my strengh when sparring against him. He usually blocks every single hit that I throw on him.
So since he didn't want to hurt one of us, he did got smoother. One of the hit I was able to get through to him was on the ribcage. Sansei wasn't there on Thursday, i said to myself, it must be that it is snowing. So tonight, while we wait between the adult class and the children one, sansei told me to approch. Another man had a smile on his face. Sansei told me:"You know when we went sparring last pratice I was there?"
-Hum, hum
-You know you kick me?
-Yes, maybe
-You broke/chipped one of my ribs.
-REally?
-Yes!
-I'm sorry...
And you can see during the warm-up than the poor man was in pain...
So here goes my reputation of being rough...It ain't gonna help me...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger R.E.H. said...

Oooh... remind me to be a nice boy to you. I don't want you to break my ribs! ;)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

IP, and how does either suggestion are bad for me? I always enjoye a good sparing! And i would either have the joy of eating with you or dancing, and you have made sound like you are a great dancer.
Which martial art do you pratice, or use to?

REH, but I don't want to always have a nice boy! there is no fun in that!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Iron Pugilist said...

My disciplines include Taekwondo, Arnis, Muay Thai, Kickboxing and free-form wrestling.

Despite all that, I am more comfortable brawling.

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by. and I see you are a tough chick!!!!

I need to get into karate! I think it rocks.. I kick box now through the Gym I love it!!!

Toodles!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

IP, you will be cheating a little bit, you have done more discipline than I am! Unless you really me to be dancing with you!

Cinder, I am, even if you wouldn't tell when you first saw me...

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home