live your life and smile

Friday, July 18, 2008

One year later

So an year ago, when I realise that the scale just have shown 180 it was an eyeopener for me. I'm only 5foot 3. There is heart and diabetes problem in my family. 180 pounds was way too much for me.
So my cousin talk to me about a site, that was free. I say to myself why not try it since it's her dieticians that propose the site.
Last year
Weight:180
Breast:37.5
Arms:12.25
Hips:43
Waist:32
Thigh:23.25
Now:
Weight:160
Breast:36.75
Arms:12.5
Hips:41
Waist:31
Thigh:22.25

So I've drop 20 pounds and lost about 4 inches. I've done so by eating healthier and working out. It might not be much for some, but the only time I've gain some weight back was during the Holidays, and it was only like 3 pounds. They have a lot of recipes too that are making it easier to follow with the healhy eating.
So for me, sparkpeople is not a dieting site, but an healty living one. I hope that i would be able to keep it up through my life and that I could help the people surrounding me do as so too. I still have an extra 20 pounds to loose to be to my healthy weight according to the site.
(and if you are intersted to join, let me know, because it gives me extra point!)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, you have a good reason to be proud of yourself.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Tex, I didn't just loose weight, I'm eating better than a year ago, even if I cannot stay away for too long from sugar!

Sage, thanks!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Riff Dog said...

Good for you! I know how hard that can be, so you should be proud!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Iron Pugilist said...

I hope diabetes doesn't get to you. It is hell.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Riff, I'm still battleling the fact that I do love sugar so much, but I'm getting better at fighting the urge of getting some!

IP, I hope so me too, I really don't know what i would do if I end up with it, so I prefer taking some measure now to keep myself safer from it!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home