live your life and smile

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Think before you talk

On Thursday, I bought a pushing bag with a base. Earlier today I had a chance to try it! I almost walk it. When I kick it, it move, even if the base was fully loaded with water. In the 5 minutes, it had move like 10 feet!! At I had a blast hitting it with no restain.
This made me thought about something my cousin said a couple of year ago. The guy is like 6foot3, 6 foot 4 and is not a tiny guy. I don't know what we were talking about, but the conversation came to martial art.He said "There is no way a girl could kick a man and hurt him! She is tiny and he is huge, the is no way she could kick his ass!"(something like that, I don't remember the exact word, it's been more than 4 years!!)
Ok, I might not be a small girl, that weight an 120 pounds wet, but I can hurt any man as bad as a man with my kick. I might not hurt you with a punch, but I have a powerfull kick. If I can move a punching bag 10 feet in 5 min...
I would always remember one of the first time we use the punching bag at the small english karate class. One of the second degree black belt was holding the bag, and when I kick, he back up, and was suprise of hte strenght of my kick.
So boys, watch and think before you talk. Girls and Women can be as powerfull as you. We might not have the muscular weight that you have, but that doesn't mean that we are not as powerfull as you! I remember one woman that almost knock out a man with a single punch while sparring for a belt!!
A big weakness you can show in karate, is underestimating your opponent!! Know your strengh, know your weakness, but do the same for your opponent!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mathieu said...

The Martial arts field is a Macho one.

This goes around. Don't underestimate men either. You could be surprised.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Haley, I know that since I was like 5!! We always did, and always will have it!! lol!!!

Mat, I know better than underestimate any of my opponent, woman or man, children or adult, high belt or low belt!!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home