live your life and smile

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Weird class

So last Thursday was my second class of the real karate season. It was kind of weird!!I arrive in the gym like a minute late(I need to do something for this one, I'm having an hard time arriving before the warm-up). So I did the warm-up, and I think I actually did like 30 push-up in a row!! Yeah for me!! So then a break. That is when a woman(one of the kid mother) said to me that I was flexible. And she was like, yes, you are way more flexible than last year!! I was, in my head, like what, this is maybe the sixth time I come here, and she notice me?? And the last time I went there, exept on Tuesday was in September 2006.
Then, we had to spare. Sansei N. made G. spare with 4 childs and made me and a kid(I think he was a 1st degree blue belt) against sansei M. So sansei M. is a third degree black belt and I'm only a 2nd degree blue belt. I've never spar with somebody higher than a black belt!! And for a first sparing session since last June, it was hard. I had always to come into M., because he has more knowledge of the art and more strengh than me, and the kid wasn't as agressive and going after M. like I did!! Even if it was really tirening, it was great!!
And then, we did some up-and-down. I was against Georges. We are praticely the same strengh and he is a 1st degree and me a 2nd degree blue belt, so I enjoye going agains him. So we were doing the move and blocking, when all of a sudden, I raise my knee and and was about to do a front ball kick.That is when he block me, not with his hand, but his forearm. It was a chance that I was doing the kick right. I've been having an hard time rolling my toes, so it the foot that hit, but this time I was doing it right!! It hurt all night long. And today, my knee hurts!! I'm pretty sure that G. should have a big bruise now! He has good bones for a old man!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then, we did some up-and-down. I was against Georges.

My name is George by the way

1:33 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Damn, I was not suppose to say his whole name!!
And since, when, Rhet, are you called George??

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home